Skip to main content

Who We Are

Our History

OUR HISTORY

In 1910, a group of dedicated Greenwich residents founded the Greenwich Boys Club in order to help young boys from disadvantaged circumstances develop good character, primarily through athletic and recreational programs. The earliest records indicate that the group met in a storefront on the Post Road (site of the current YMCA) and, in 1920, moved to Railroad Avenue in a building across from the Greenwich Train Station. The Club’s rapid growth in membership and desire to serve boys’ needs attracted the benevolence and generosity of Mr. and Mrs. Albert H. Wiggin, who donated $250,000 to acquire land and build the historic Georgian style Clubhouse situated on Horseneck Lane.

In 2003, the Club embarked on a Capital Campaign to raise $15M for a much-needed renovation to the facility. The Campaign was a great success, surpassing the original goal. The renovation, which was designed to provide the community with a state-of-the-art youth facility, was completed in 2005.

Today, our facility serves as the hub of activity for 1,450 members who are cared for by a staff with one objective: to provide a safe place for kids with access to mentors and opportunities to learn and grow.

Through the Years

BGCG By The Numbers

  • Members Served

    1,672

  • Volunteer Hours

    760

  • College Scholarships Given

    $177,000

  • Programs Offered

    51

We offer grateful thanks to our major supporters
  • Greenwich United Way
    Greenwich United Way
  • stone point
    stone point
  • GPA
    GPA
© 2021 Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich

Powered by Firespring