Swim Lesson Instructor
Part time position under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator, the Swim Lesson Instructor’s primary responsibility is to provide a safe and educational aquatic environment for all Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich swim lesson instructors and participants.
Know How: The instructor should be pleasant and possess the ability to establish a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Supervisor: Aquatics Coordinator
- Arrive on time.
- Make sure all class participants have signed up for that youth program, taking daily attendance of the class and making sure all students are present.
- Supervise class participants to ensure safety. Advise participants of safety and class rules on the first day of class and on an as needed basis.
- Teach current and updated swimming techniques.
- Be aware of session dates, days the program is not running, making sure to notify parents/ family members of children in program at the end of each class.
- Take care and make sure equipment is taken care of and put back in its proper place.
- Enforce and follow all rules for members and staff of the BGCG.
- Report equipment breakdowns immediately to supervisors.
- Engage children and families enrolled in the program daily, always maintain a high level of customer service.
- Acts as a positive role model and a positive voice for the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich.
- Represents the BGCG positively and maintains a good and friendly relationship with BGCG members and staff, addressing each by name. Ensure all practice areas are clean prior and after practices. Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow staff and members of all ages and background.
- Promote BGCG of Greenwich Swim School Programs positively and frequently.
- Attend staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the performance of all duties as directed by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS – Required
- Over the age of 17 years old.
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID19.
- Education classes or experience in recreation programs, working with children, or in a related field.
- Must be a current certified lifeguard by American Red Cross.
- Hold a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: Must be able to work after school hours (3:00-7:00pm) Monday – Friday. Possible hours available on Saturday & Sunday.
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the core competencies of the job.
All resumes should be sent to Don Palmer, Vice President of Programs and Youth Development, at email@example.com or (203) 869-3224 Ext 102. Please include the subject line “Swim Lesson Instructor”.
Visit the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich’s website at BGCG.org