Part-Time Head Swimming Coach
With direction from the Vice President of Programs, and the Aquatics Coordinator, the swim coach will be responsible for attending daily practices for the Barracudas competitive team and coach the Jr. Barracudas team. They will also set up practice workouts, attend all home and away swim meets, help to establish parent team volunteer group, and make sure pool safety is always maintained.
Supervisor: Vice President of Programs & Youth Development / Aquatics Coordinator
Seasonal: September 2021 – March 2022
- Attend coaches meeting before season, during season, and the end of season
- Knowledge of all strokes and swimming techniques
- Positive coaching to grow the team, build teamwork, and self-esteem, and be a role model to all swimmers
- Knowledge of using Meet Manager to set up home meets
- Attend all practices Monday – Thursday from 5:30 - 8:30pm
- Be able to communicate with assistant coaches at practices and meets
- Help to establish a strong parent volunteer group at meets and bake sales
- Promote and market all swim team programs to members and the community
- Demonstrate leadership to ensure conduct and safety of members
- Interact with parents on a regular basis
- Enforce and abide by Boys & Girls Club rules, organizational policies, procedures, and practices
- Other duties as assigned
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Weekend, weeknight, and some travel required to coaches meetings and away swim meets. Practices are held Monday – Thursday 5:30-8:30pm, Fridays 5:30-7:30pm with meets being held on Saturdays and Sundays.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof
- 1-2 years of previous coaching experience and working with swimmers 6-18 years of age
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must submit to a background check
- Have a positive attitude
Pay: $22.00-$25.00 an hour
Job Type: Part-time
**Must be able to work Monday-Thursday 5:30-8:30pm, Friday 5:30-7:30pm and attend meets on weekends.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the core competencies of the job.
All resumes should be sent to Don Palmer, Vice President of Programs and Youth Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 869-3224 Ext 102. Please include subject line of “Swimming Coach”.