A lifeguard is responsible for supervision, control, and safety in and around the swimming pool during all programs. In addition, a lifeguard should possess a high degree of safety consciousness accompanied by a mature understanding that his/her primary objective should be the prevention of accidents.
Supervisor: Aquatics Coordinator
- Excellent interpersonal skills are always expected.
- Follow the appropriate sitting and rotation schedule according to the number of lifeguards required by protocol in the pool area.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations regarding supervision, safety and sanitation including daily vacuuming of the pool and maintaining a clean pool deck free of equipment.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing the pool schedule.
- Log daily swimming pool chemistry. Test as many times as required in each pool.
- As a first responder, using the BGCG appropriate incident report form, able to write a full report of any accident, rescue, potential danger, incident, etc. and distribute to the Aquatics Coordinator and Vice President of Programs & Youth Development.
- Keep abreast of current information relating to lifeguarding and aquatic safety.
- Readiness to move bulkhead as many times as required according to the established schedule.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions and attend staff meetings.
- Conduct swim tests as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies, and procedures
- Positive attitude is always expected
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID19.
- Must be a current certified lifeguard by American Red Cross.
- Hold a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Must be willing to work after school and evenings.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: Must be able to work after-school hours (3:00-7:00pm) Monday – Friday. Possible hours available on Saturday & Sunday.
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the core competencies of the job.
All resumes should be sent to Don Palmer, Vice President of Programs and Youth Development, at email@example.com or (203) 869-3224 Ext 102. Please include subject line of “Lifeguard Position”.
Visit the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich’s website at BGCG.org