Under the direction of the Education Coordinator, the education assistant is responsible for supporting the education programs. He/She will help facilitate member success and growth in academics by implementing BGCG programs, documenting member progress/activities/outcomes, assisting with specific educational needs of individual members. The education assistant will report directly to the Education Coordinator.
- Assist Education Coordinator with daily after-school program implementation including set up, monitoring and follow up with members and parents.
- Duties include but not limited to help with homework, reading, preparing files, contacting members and families, attending meetings, assist with volunteers and data collection.
- Ensures a safe learning environment for members.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members and staff. Ability to handle multiple program objectives.
- Education background and/or teaching experience preferred. Ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Encourage family involvement in programs to ensure member success.
- At all times demonstrates professional responsibility in enforcing BGCG policies and programs
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Undertake other duties from time to time as Education Coordinator requires including Collecting money; Copy typing and Inputting member data; Producing class lists; Record keeping, filing; Collating material; Stocktaking; Cataloguing, preparing, issuing, and maintaining equipment and materials and ordering supplies and equipment.
Education background preferred and/or experience relevant to required duties. College students pursuing education degree encouraged to apply.
Must have a clean background and pass a background check.
Must have experience working with school age children.
Enough strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of the position and to supervise program activities.
• Ability to see and hear individuals in hallways, bathrooms, and classrooms.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to perform activities that require sustained concentration and attention.
Part-Time 20-25 hrs. per week
Education Assistant will work 5 days per week Monday through Friday in our after-school program (3:00pm – 7:30pm)
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the core competencies of the job.
All resumes should be sent to Deelia Wadsworth, Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org